Adding the Yum button:
- Copy the HTML code shown in the box on this page
- Open your Blogger site editor tools & select ‘Template’ from the navigation options
- Select the ‘Edit HTML’ button from the Template page
- Place your cursor anywhere inside the template HTML then select Command+F to display a Search box.
- Enter ‘post-header’ into the Search box and then ‘Return’
- Insert the Yum Button HTML code immediately after the </div> following the 'post-header-line-1' section as shown in the screenshot below. There will likely be 2 instances of this post-header code, so make sure to add the Yum button code after both instances.
- Select Preview to view the Yum Button is displaying properly and then Save Template.
- Open your Wordpress site Editor feature (in the Appearance menu) and locate your post or content php template files
- Identify where you would like to position the Yum Button within your recipe page.
- Copy & paste the HTML code for Wordpress.org blogs from here into the appropriate .php file based on where you intend for the Yum Button to appear on your site.
- Select Update File and view your blog to verify the Yum Button is displaying properly.
Wordpress.org (Genesis theme):With the Genesis Theme, you can use the Simple Hooks Plugin to easily add the Yum button code to your site. Ellen blogs give a great tutorial on this here: http://ellenblogs.com/how-to-add-just-a-yummly-button-to-your-recipes/
Wordpress.com (non-hosted): If you have a wordpress.com blog, you can add the Yum button within Sharedaddy via Jetpack (the default sharing option).
- In your wordpress blog dashboard, go to Settings>>Sharing.
- Click "Add a new service" under Available Services.
- Fill out the form and click Create Share Button.
- Sharing url: http://www.yummly.com/urb/verify?url=%post_url%&title=%post_title%&yumtype=button
- Icon url: http://www.yummly.com/favicon.ico
- Drag the Yummly button down to Enabled Services.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
*Note: The above method does not allow for an image preview when the Yum button is clicked, but the image will show up on the recipe on Yummly once processed.
- Grab the Yum button code after selecting the option for 'other'.
- Insert the code using a code block on your Squarespage blog by following these steps: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543167
Adding the Yum button via share plugins/widgets:
- SumoMe: Drag Yummly from the available services list across to the selected services in the plugin settings. (They offer the Yum button via image hover!)
- Shareaholic: Just search "Yummly" from their list of sharing services when adding a new button to the lineup: https://www.shareaholic.com/publishers/
- AddThis: Within the Share button settings, choose "Select your own". Search for Yummly, then drag it over to the selected services box.
- Simple Share Buttons: Use either their "plus" version or their free Wordpress plugin and add Yummly via their lineup of button options.
- Po.st: When you are in settings of the WordPress plugin scroll until you see the sharing channels available. Add the Yum button to your tool and click Save changes.
- AddToAny: Click "customize" and find Yummly in the additional sharing options (listed alphabetically)
- E-MAILiT: Select Yummly from their sharing menu.
If you use another sharing plugin and Yummly doesn’t show up, you can contact them and ask them to add us!
- Sharethis: firstname.lastname@example.org